We believe that God is calling us to invite people into a deeper relationship with Christ, that all may discover true peace and be prepared to follow Him in compassionate service.
© 2011 Shalom Lutheran Church. All Rights Reserved.
Lutheran Church 681 Voyager Drive . Alexandria . MN . 320-762-8641
Voted as Alexandria Area's Number 1 Religious Organization in 2018!
Directions from the north:
• Take I-40 to exit number 17.
• Turn right on Circle Drive.
• We are on the left.
9:00 a.m. - ELCA Worship Service
10:00 a.m. - Children's Church
10:00 a.m. - Adult Education Forum
Nursery is available on Sunday mornings.
Discover Faith Opportunities
- Children's Church: September - May; 10:00 a.m. for Preschool through 6th Grade
- Vacation Bible School: Themed Vacation Bible School for Preschool through 6th Grade held in August.
- Children's/Youth Choir: Wednesdays from 5:00 - 5:45 p.m. for 4 year olds through 6th graders.
- First Communion: Third Grade
- Bible Presentation: First and Fifth Grades
- Confirmation: Three Year Program including a Mentorship
- Cross-Training/Jr. High Youth Ministry (Grades 6-8): Meets the third Sunday of the month, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Go Deep/Sr. High Youth Ministry (Grades 9-12): Meets the first Sunday of the month, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Confirmation/YADA (Young Adult Discipleship Apprentices): A three year program that meets weekly on Wednesdays, beginning at 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Youth Ministry Events: Service projects, fellowship and social events and mission trips. Shalom partners with the Youth Ministry Network, which is made up of seven area churches, for fellowship and service events.
- Women of the ELCA (WELCA)
- Bible Study Group: Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. at Shalom
- Men's Bible Breakfast Group: Fridays at 7:30 a.m. at the Traveler's Inn
- Small Groups: Many to choose from, such as Book Clubs, social groups and golfing outings.
- Ash Wednesday: We begin our Lenten journey with a deeply meaningful Ask Wednesday liturgy that includes Confession of Sins, the Imposition of Ashes and Holy Communion.
- Lenten Services: Please join us for our midweek Lenten services. During the 40 days of Lent, we worship on Wednesday evenings. We gather for a light supper before the evening service and follow the service with intergenerational opportunities to learn and serve.
- Palm Sunday: We enter our church en masse as a congregation, singing and waving Eco Palms.
- Maundy Thursday: Gather for our evening worship with First Communion for our youth and the "Stripping of the Altar."
- Good Friday: This service is rotated annually between our sister ELCA Lutheran Churches in Alexandria.
- Easter Sunday: We celebrate Easter with the proclamation of the resurrection, the great hymns of faith and the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- Advent Worship: Shalom gathers for worship on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM during the four weeks leading up to Christmas. Our Advent celebration is to help our members and visitors maintain their spiritual focus during the special season.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service: On the evening of December 24th, we sing traditional Christmas hymns, share Holy Communion and celebrate the coming of our Lord with the quiet lighting of candles while singing "Silent Night."
5:30 p.m. - Lenten Supper
6:30 p.m. - Lenten Service
Holy Week Worship
April 14th - Palm Sunday (9 a.m.)
April 18th - Maundy Thursday (6:30 p.m.)
April 19th - Good Friday Community (12 p.m.)
Shalom Good Friday Service (6:30 p.m.)
April 21st - Easter! (9 a.m.)
Mr. Dodger's Neighborhood will teach up about the five living gifts from 2 Peter 1:3-8 as we watch his family wrestle with the twists and turns of family life in our Lenten series:
The Five Living Gifts
March 13: Faith
March 20: Knowledge
March 27: Self Control
April 3: Endurance
April 10: Piety/Godliness
We hope to see you in the Neighborhood!