We believe that God is calling us to invite people into a deeper relationship with Christ, that all may discover true peace and be prepared to follow Him in compassionate service.
© 2011 Shalom Lutheran Church. All Rights Reserved.
Lutheran Church 681 Voyager Drive . Alexandria . MN . 320-762-8641
Directions from the north:
• Take I-40 to exit number 17.
• Turn right on Circle Drive.
• We are on the left.
8:30 a.m. - ELCA Worship
9:40 a.m. - Children's Church
9:40 a.m. - Adult Education Forum
10:45 a.m. - Contemporary Service
(Led by the Spirit of Shalom Praise Band)
Nursery is available on Sunday mornings.
Discover Faith Opportunities
- Children's Church: September - May; 9:40 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. for Preschool through 6th Grade
- Vacation Bible School: Themed Vacation Bible School for Preschool through 6th Grade held in August.
- First Communion: Third Grade
- Bible Presentation: First and Fifth Grades
- Confirmation: Three Year Program including a Mentorship
- Cross-Training/Jr. High Youth Ministry (Grades 6-8): Meets the third Sunday of the month, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Go Deep/Sr. High Youth Ministry (Grades 9-12): Meets the first Sunday of the month, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Confirmation/YADA (Young Adult Discipleship Apprentices): A three year program that meets weekly on Wednesdays, beginning at 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Youth Ministry Events: Service projects, fellowship and social events and mission trips. Shalom partners with the Youth Ministry Network, which is made up of seven area churches, for fellowship and service events.
- Women of the ELCA (WELCA)
- Bible Study Group: Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. at Shalom
- Men's Bible Breakfast Group: Fridays at 7:30 a.m. at the Traveler's Inn
- Small Groups: Many to choose from, such as Book Clubs, social groups and golfing outings.
- Ash Wednesday: We begin our Lenten journey with a deeply meaningful Ask Wednesday liturgy that includes Confession of Sins, the Imposition of Ashes and Holy Communion.
- Lenten Services: Please join us for our midweek Lenten services. During the 40 days of Lent, we worship on Wednesday evenings. We gather for a light supper before the evening service and follow the service with intergenerational opportunities to learn and serve.
- Maundy Thursday: Gather for our evening worship with First Communion for our youth and the "Stripping of the Altar."
- Good Friday: This service is rotated annually between our sister ELCA Lutheran Churches in Alexandria.
- Palm Sunday: We enter our church en masse as a congregation, singing and waving Eco Palms.
- Easter Sunday: We celebrate Easter with the proclamation of the resurrection, the great hymns of faith and the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- Advent Worship: Shalom gathers for worship on Wedneday evenings at 6:30 PM during the four weeks leading up to Christmas. Our Advent celebration is to help our members and visitors maintain their spiritual focus during the special season.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service: On the evening of December 24th, we sing traditional Christmas hymns, share Holy Communion and celebrate the coming of our Lord with the quiet lighting of candles while singing "Silent Night."