We believe that God is calling us to invite people into a deeper relationship with Christ, that all may discover true peace and be prepared to follow Him in compassionate service.
© 2011 Shalom Lutheran Church. All Rights Reserved.
Lutheran Church 681 Voyager Drive . Alexandria . MN . 320-762-8641
Directions from the north:
• Take I-40 to exit number 17.
• Turn right on Circle Drive.
• We are on the left.
8:30 a.m. - ELCA Worship
9:40 a.m. - Sunday School
9:40 a.m. - Adult Education Forum
10:45 a.m. - Contemporary Service
(Led by the Spirit of Shalom Praise Band)
Nursery is available on Sunday mornings.
Discover Faith Opportunities
- Sunday School: September - May; 9:40 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. for Preschool through Junior High
- Vacation Bible School: Themed Vacation Bible School for Preschool through 6th Grade held in August.
- First Communion: Third Grade
- Bible Presentation: First and Fifth Grades
- Confirmation: Three Year Program including a Mentorship
- Cross-Training/Jr. High Youth Ministry (Grades 7-9): Meets the first Sunday of the month, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Go Deep/Sr. High Youth Ministry (Grades 10-12): Meets each Wednesday evening from 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- Confirmation/YADA (Young Adult Discipleship Apprentices): A three year program that meets weekly on Wednesdays, beginning at 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Youth Ministry Events: Service projects, fellowship and social events and mission trips. Shalom partners with the Youth Ministry Network, which is made up of seven area churches, for fellowship and service events.
- Women of the ELCA (WELCA)
- Bible Study Group: Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. at Shalom
- Men's Bible Breakfast Group: Fridays at 7:30 a.m. at the Traveler's Inn
- Small Groups: Many to choose from, such as Book Clubs, social groups and golfing outings.
- Ash Wednesday: We begin our Lenten journey with a deeply meaningful Ask Wednesday liturgy that includes Confession of Sins, the Imposition of Ashes and Holy Communion.
- Lenten Services: Please join us for our midweek Lenten services. During the 40 days of Lent, we worship on Wednesday evenings. We gather for a light supper before the evening service and follow the service with intergenerational opportunities to learn and serve.
- Maundy Thursday: Gather for our evening worship with First Communion for our youth and the "Stripping of the Altar."
- Good Friday: This service is rotated annually between our sister ELCA Lutheran Churches in Alexandria.
- Palm Sunday: We enter our church en masse as a congregation, singing and waving Eco Palms.
- Easter Sunday: We celebrate Easter with the proclamation of the resurrection, the great hymns of faith and the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- Advent Worship: Shalom gathers for worship on Wedneday evenings at 6:30 PM during the four weeks leading up to Christmas. Our Advent celebration is to help our members and visitors maintain their spiritual focus during the special season.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service: On the evening of December 24th, we sing traditional Christmas hymns, share Holy Communion and celebrate the coming of our Lord with the quiet lighting of candles while singing "Silent Night."
Sunday, May 17th ~ Worship Service at 10:45 a.m. with communion.
First Communion on Maundy Thursday
Shalom celebrated with Hunter Walz, Grayson Grove and Greta Oldenkamp and their families as they received first communion on Maundy Thursday!
(Click on pictures below to view.)